Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Good day

posted by Mary Lello, Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 7:45 AM

Another good day yesterday. Jim went to the doctors and they were all very happy with how well he was doing compared with how they saw him in the hospital. Something is working and we are all very glad about this. Besides, Jim has started to say "I'm going to beat this thing. I'm going to beat this cancer" .... this is good.

He was exhausted last night but he didn't nap much all day and he went to his meditation group at 6:00 and didn't get home until 7:00. He was very tired when he got home but also very happy to have gone and to have lasted for the entire hour. He's doing good. As good as we could hope at this point.

I'm freaking out a little bit because Stacie leaves Sunday morning. I'm getting hit with that same reality that came when Donna was going to leave us. Stacie is feeling ready to go now, a week ago she wasn't. And she told me she realizes how exhausted she is after being here for a month. Yup. And she gets to go home .... and I'm faced with this reality again and it hits me pretty hard! I AM home. And this is what it is! So every new independence that Jim conquers is very important to both of us. Very important! This is it folks. We're in for the long haul!

WIth that said I am overwhelmed by the response from all of you to help us out. Stacie, MM and Leanne kept telling me how amazing the folks waiting in the wings is - and everyone wants to help. Roseanne (Greg's wife) arrives on Sat. from Colorado and I have Greg and Roseanne here for one more week. Then we are flying solo - so if you are signed up to help us we WILL need you. I WILL NEED YOU!! And I so appreciate this community. I can't tell you how much we appreciate this community!! Jim will tell the different doctors that they have no idea what kind of support we have. And they say "you're very lucky" .... YUP, very lucky!

Today Rick Smith came to put banisters up for us on the stairways - PHEW, major thing for us and Rick did this so fast and they are so sturdy. Thank you! But Rick was saying what a great guy Greg was .... as Rick was standing in the kitchen offering us HIS greatness! ... and I said 'yeah, well ALL our friends are really great!" And you are!!

With the snow falling this morning Todd Valentine has offered to take us to radiation today as he drives a TANK. I find myself thinking about some statistics I heard. 98% of people who hit a patch of ice while driving say "SHIT" just before they go into the ditch. The other 2% are from Maine and they say "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Drive safely out there today. And again, we thank you with all our heart for your loving support that comes to us in so many different ways.

Loving you all back,


No comments:

Post a Comment