Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Wasn't suppose to be Like This"


posted by Mary Lello, Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 8:45 AM

The following lyrics/song was written by my brother-in-law, David Mallett, and he sung it at Jim's small tribute. Even though it nearly ripped my heart out of my chest and all I could think was "WTF?" while he sang this I knew it was too perfect ... it indeed sums up much of my incredulous feelings around the loss of this life - mine with Jim as well as losing Jim. So, I must share it with all of you.

Like This

It wasn’t supposed to be like this. You always were the answer to my every wish. Talkin’ ‘bout forever with your hand in mine. You and me together till the end of time. And leavin’ wasn’t even on the list. And it wasn’t supposed to be like this

We weren’t supposed to fall apart. I never even noticed when I broke your heart. Guess I must be crazy standing out here in the cold. But I can’t bear the thought of goin’ home and growin’ old Or livin’ one more day without your kiss. And it wasn’t supposed to be like this

I must be some kind of fool. This is all I know. Once you’ve come so far for love. Nowhere else to go

You weren’t supposed to see me cry. I didn’t come prepared for such a sad goodbye. I was thinking maybe we could start again

Now I know that that ain’t how the story ends. So I’ll just turn and go if you insist. But it wasn’t supposed to be like this. No leavin’ wasn’t even on the list. And it wasn’t supposed to be like this

David Mallett

I'm a bit nervous about Saturday, a big party and I'm attending it without my extroverted, party loving man by my side. First step into the solo world .... whirl. So, please, no asking how I'm doing, just come grab my hand and pull me onto the dance floor and together we will all celebrate the freedom that always was and is now Jim. We will celebrate this dance.

Loving you all back,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment