Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hole in my World


posted by Mary Lello, Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 7:15 AM

"Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

My good friend, Nancy Moore, sent this to me the morning of our smaller gathering for Jim's tribute. I put this quote up by the beautiful urn another friend and potter, Marian Baker, had created for us. It continues to be the few words that nail all these emotions I feel directly. Although, I fall into the hole during the day a bit too.

I'm amazed, still, by Nance Trueworthy's ability to pull magic out of hats and whip this whole celebration on the 29th together in record time. I'm also delighted that she was able to secure Camp Ketcha as the place to gather .... this is where Jim and I had our wedding reception back in 1984 after my father, a minister, married us in a small ceremony in front of my parents house just down over the hill from Camp Ketcha. I will be bringing pictures of this reception for folks to look at. Some of you who will gather on the 29th were there for that celebration of our marriage. Full circle, I guess.

I want to open it up to all to bring your pictures of Jim if you have any. Donna made 3 poster boards of family pictures that I will bring along as well so if you would like to bring your pictures and your stories I open this up. Jim loved telling stories of some of the hilarious times he shared with certain people. He was always able to laugh at himself and find the humor in many situations. Jim was so wild, so crazy, so much fun. He would love for you to share any stories that you may have. We'll create time for this somehow.

You all will be able to help me walk around this hole in my world for one more day; to fill the darker edges of it with light, laughter, dancing and song and lift my heavy heart for a few short hours. I am very grateful for this and for the all these friendships created and held so dear by this incredible human being, Jim Daniels.

Loving you all back,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment