Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Need to put this out tonight


posted by Mary Lello, Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 8:15 PM

I know myself too well. I know I may try to email everybody and simply exhaust myself. So I'm going to make this quick in order to fill everybody in on what's happening .... and then go to bed.

Jim was admitted to the hospital this morning. He was declining really fast. Seems he has a UTI as well as pneumonia. This we don't worry so much about, it can be taken care of with antibiotics. But the MRI shows swelling as well as new growth in new areas of the brain. The Mother Alien is dormant, but she's sent out her children and they are growing. And they are probably immune to Avastin. Thus we will need to add chemo into the mix. But we can't add chemo until the infections are taken care of.

We are now on a 24-48 hour watch to see how Jim responds to the antibiotics as well as the mega doses of steriods to reduce the swelling in the brain. If he responds well we might have a shot at our miracle man being able to regroup. But if he doesn't respond to all this then the prognosis is not good.

I thought we might get 3 years. Doesn't look like we will have that much time.

I'm a wreck,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment