Friday, January 1, 2010

Hospice


posted by Mary Lello, Saturday, May 1, 2010, 9:45 AM

It's time to let you all know where we are at in this process.

We will be going to the Hospice house from here. We will not continue with treatments except to keep Jim comfortable. The doctors have said he may last for two weeks or less.

This is the end, we all knew it would come at some point ... I just didn't think this point would come so soon. And I think I got complacent, just a little bit, in believing that Jim was so incredibly strong and might even beat this, somehow. But, like so many others, "it" has won. The real healing happens for Jim when he can leave this broken body and be his wild and free self again.

I'm writing from the hospital room. Time is getting short and it's difficult to write much. Perhaps there will be one more post when all is done. I may need to reach out and remember that this community is here for me too.

He loved every one of you so much ... as you loved him.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment