Saturday, August 22, 2009

Karaoke


posted by Mary Lello, Monday, August 24, 2009, 8:51 PM

Yes, I sing to Jim a lot. In fact, for those of you who don't know me real well, I have a tendency to burst into song a lot. LIke some Roger and Hammerstein musical minus the dance routine. It's probably annoying to many of my friends, though they've never said this. Certainly it can be astounding to the not-so-close friends to have me launch into a song when they've said a simple sentence like ... "do what you want to do" .. and I hear the Mama and the Papa's singing "Go where you wanna go. Do what you wanna, wanna do ...."

And thus, my karaoke blog. Friends have told me "Just do it Mary!' Do a Karaoke blog!! This phrase does NOT evoke a song from me, but if it does for you please feel free to post it. In fact, post any song that comes to you from this blog. It might be fun!

SO, here are the songs I sing pretty regularly to Jim, or to myself and get myself crying. Such a pathetic and dramatic being that I am! :

At MRI time I've already shared what I sing with the song:

"where do you go my lovely, when you're alone in your bed?Tell me thoughts that surround you. I want to look inside your head, yes I do ... "

Or, for no reason at all but how I'm feeling:

"Hey [boy] I'd be in trouble in if you left me now cuz I don't know where to look for love, I just don't know how.. Hey [boy], I'd be in trouble if you left me now .....

(nope, don't know who sung it. I want to say Marvin Gay as it seems like a Motown kind of song, but I don't think so).

And:

Dionne Warwick singing Burt Bacharach;

"I know I'll never love this way again. I know I'll never love this way again so I keep holding on, before the thrill is gone. I KNOW I'll never love this way again, hold on ... hold on ... hold on" ....

These last 2 totally get me crying as they speak volumes about how I'm feeling lately.

Then there is another Dionne Warwick:

"the moment I wake up, before I put on my make-up. I say a little prayer for you. I'm combing my hair now, deciding on what to wear now. I say a little prayer for you .."

There are more but they evade me tonight.

C'mon. Share YOUR songs with me. I'd love it One friend sent me her song for me which was all the words to "Lean On Me" ... yup, tearful, joyous feelings that she should share THAT song with me/for me. Such loving support in that song!

So go ahead. Share the song in your head! Post it or send it to me in an email. Guarantee you'll have me singing it for at least a day!

"So long, far well.... Good night, good night, good NIIIIIGGGHT"

(from the Sound of Music)

Love ("what the world needs now")

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment